The Jiangsu Center for Collaborative Innovation in Geographical Information Resource Development and Application combines 11 Institutions, include Nanjing Normal University, as the leading Institution, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research (CAS), Nanjing University, Administration of Surveying, Mapping and Geoinformation of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing High-Tech Industrial Development Zone, Satellite Surveying and Mapping Application Center (NASG), Suzhou Institute of Geographical Science and Technology (CAS), Jiangsu BDS Application Industry Institute, Jiangsu land Digital Technology Co. Ltd, Nanjing Guotu information industry Co. Ltd. The collaborative innovation center started in 2010 and is approved in 2014. The center located in Nanjing Normal University and is an independent and substantive research institution which has independent management organization and operation management mechanism.
The overall goal of the center is to meet the need of economic development of Jiangsu province and the demand of national development strategy. In order to obtain the goal, two platforms will be built. One is a platform for innovative research and development of four science and technology, including new technology of geographic information collection, development of geographic information resource, development of a new generation of geographic information software, applications and services of geographic information. Another is a cultivation platform for geographic information industry. Further, we will build geographic information discipline to a top discipline in China and has outstanding international influence. Meantime, we will train excellent innovative talents, improve leaping development ability for geographic information industry, and promote information, ecology, safety and urban construction of Jiangsu province. We want to make geographic information source power for Jiangsu regional social economic development, and promote the development process from a big geographic information country to a powerful geographic information country, and promote Jiangsu to be a powerful province of geographical information resource and geographic information industry.
At present, there are 247 members in the center, including top scientists in China and abroad, academic leaders at young and middle age, and excellent young scientists. In detail, there are six Academicians, one “Thousand-Talent Project” Distinguished Professor, nine winners of Yangtze River Scholars and National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, two National Prestigious Teachers, five teachers awarded Hundred-Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences, three teachers awarded the New Century National Hundred, Thousand and Ten Thousand Talent Project. The center has a total of 90 professors and 82 associate professors. In addition, there are two Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Teams in University of Ministry of Education of China and two Science and Technology Innovation Teams of Jiangsu Province.
The director: A-Xing Zhu
The Executive Director: Linwang Yuan
The secretary: Changchun Huang, Fayuan Li, Junzhi Liu, Yongcui Deng, Junshu Wang
- Geographic Scene Data Acquisition and Intelligent Scene Modeling
- Geographic Information Mechanism and Multidimensional Geographic Analysis
- New Generation of Software for National Fundamental Geographic Information System
- Geographical Environmental Monitoring and Ecological Assets Assessment
- Geographical Information Engineering Industrialization and Social Services
Major Achievements in Recent Five Years
- “Orbital to annual scale East Asian Monsoon climate variability and driven mechanism over the past 200 thousand years” has been awarded the second prize of National Natural Science Award.
- “Key Technologies for Mapping and Application of Domestic Civil High Resolution Stereo-mapping Satellite” has been awarded the first prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award.
- “The construction of national sharing platform, key technology and application service on earth system science data” has been awarded the second prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award.
- “Monitoring and decision support analysis of South China Sea and the surrounding area” has been awarded the second prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award.
- National Natural Science Project : “Geographical spatiotemporal data”.
- Key Project of Chinese National Programs for Fundamental Research and Development (973 Program): “Reactive nitrogen sources from China and their impacts on air quality and climate change”, “Construction of integrated earth system model considering anthropogenic impacts”, “Extreme Climate Events, Agricultural Origin and Human Adaption in Eastern China since the Last Deglaciation”
- National High Resolution Earth Observation Major Project: First exploration of remote sensing dynamic monitoring system for environmental protection
- Li B, Gasser T, Ciais P, Piao S, Tao S, Balkanski Y, Hauglustaine D, Boisier J P, Chen Z, Huang M, Li Z, Li Y, Liu H, Liu J , Peng S, Shen Z, Sun Z, Wang R, Wang T, Yin G , Yin Y , Zeng H, ZengZ& Zhou F, The contribution of China’s emissions to global climate forcing[J], Nature, 2016, doi:10.1038/nature17165.
- Zheng, H., Wei, X., Tada, R., Clift, P., Wang, B., Jourdan, F., Wang, P. and He, M. Late Oligocene-early Miocene birth of the Taklimakan Desert[J], PNAS, 2015,112(25):7662-7667.
- Wang B, Xiang B, Li J, Webster PJ, Rajeevan MN, Liu J, Ha K-J, Rethinking Indian monsoon rainfall prediction in the context of recent global warming[J], Nature Communications, 2015,6.
Talent Training Program
- Tao Pei and Hengxing Lan professor have awarded the National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar.
- Manchun Li professor has awarded Yangtze River Scholar.
- Yunzhao Wu associate professor has awarded National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars.
- Yunqiang Zhu professor has awarded Technological Excellence Program, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Ronglin Tang professor has awarded Bingwei Huang’s Program for Excellent Young Scholars
- Ting Ma professor has awarded Kezhen Zhu’s Program for Distinguished Young Scholar
- Jiulin Sun academician has been awarded vice-vice director of expert group on the construction of national science and technology report mechanism
- Chenghu Zhou academician has been awarded Vice-Chairman of IGU.
- Guonian Lv has been awarded as the member of The Seventh Academic Council of the State Council
- Min Wang professor has been awarded distinguished Young Scholar of Jiangsu Province.
- Min Chen has been awarded distinguished professor of Jiangsu Province.