About the Center
The ‘Collaborative Innovation Center of Talents Cultivating Modes in Fundamental Education’ (the Center), led by Nanjing Normal University, is a comprehensively cooperative innovation platform, in collaboration with Nanjing University, Zhejiang University, Soochow University, Yangzhou University, Jiangsu Normal University, Jiangsu Institute of Education Sciences, Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Social Sciences, Nanjing Education Bureau, Changzhou Education Bureau, Suqian Education Bureau, Jiangsu Phoenix media group, and Suzhou Yangcheng Lake Digital Culture Creative Industry Park. The Center was approved by Jiangsu provincial government in February 2013 and became the provincial collaborative innovation center.
The Center established six research centers around the main issues and key areas in training talents for basic education, namely primary tendency of preschool education, the lack of students' individual development in the compulsory education stage, the simplification development of talents training mode used in general high schools and so on. These six research centers are 1) the theoretical research center of personnel cultivating mode in the fundamental education, 2) the research center of life-oriented preschool education , 3) the research center of students’ personalized development in compulsory education, 4) the research center of diversified development of general high school, 5) the research center of the conjunction between high school education and higher education, and 6) the research center of fundamental education reform and policy consultation.
The Center explores the flexible and open system as well as the efficient management model, and promotes the optimal allocation of educational resources, research resources and personnel cultivating resources. By further conducting the interdisciplinary research, carrying out the problem analysis deeply, encouraging the academic innovation, and supporting the reform trial implement, the Center aims to obtain the prominent achievement in theory and major breakthroughs in practice, mainly in the areas of promoting the development of children subjectivity in preschool education, students’ individual development in compulsory education, and the diversified development of general high school. It also aims to provide the academic and technical support for the innovation of talents training modes in fundamental education and the improvements of quality.
In recent years, the Center has undertaken 3 major projects of National Social Science fund, the major subject research project of Ministry of Education Philosophy and Social Science, 28 projects funded by National Social Science. More than 20 high level academic papers have been published on Educational Research and Xinhua Digest. In addition, the Center hosted and participated in the formulation of several key documents, such as ‘Elementary and middle school moral education outline’ and ‘Elementary and middle school moral education work regulations’ for the Ministry of Education, ‘Morality and life curriculum standards of compulsory education’, ‘Moral and social curriculum standard of compulsory education’, ‘Art curriculum standard of compulsory education’, ‘Middle school ideological and moral curriculum standards’, ‘Nine year compulsory education science curriculum standard (Grade 3-6)’, ‘Guidelines of learning and development for 3-6 years old children’. The Center also took part in formulating the documents of the ‘Outline of mental health in Jiangsu Province’, ‘The Education Department of Jiangsu Province on strengthening postgraduate education work advice’ and so on.
Center Leader and Chief Expert: Wu Kangning
Academic Committee Director: Kangning Wu
Academic Committee Associate Director: Jiangjun Gu
Center Director: Jianhua Hu
Center Associate Director: Zebing Shao
Secretary (contact person): Huiyue Wu, Li Huang
The theoretical research center of talents training mode in the fundamental education, the research center of life-oriented preschool education, the research center of students’ individual development in compulsory education, the research center of diversified development of general high school, the research center of the conjunction between high school education and higher education, and the research center of fundamental education reform and policy consultation.
- 《Construction of children's moral life: A Study on the reform and practice of moral education curriculum in primary schools》accomplished by the Center members professor LU Jie, professor GAO Desheng and Professor SUN Caiping, has been awarded the first prize of national teaching achievement in September 2014.
- 《Heqin trip——The Cultivation of research-oriented preschool teachers》was selected in the excellent preschool teacher preparation program of the Ministry of Education in 2014.
- The team led by the center member professor GU Janjun has completed 《Construction of practical curriculum system of educational master based on high level practical ability》, and has been awarded the first prize of national teaching achievement in education professional degree in 2015.
- The chief expert professor WU Kangning has completed 《Develop the national strategy of the basic balanced development of Provincial Compulsory Education as soon as possible》, this result was published in the fifteenth phase of 《The Ministry of Education briefing - University think tank》in 2015.
- The center member Professor SUN Caiping has completed 《The impact of Internet users on the youth is expanding》 and it was published in the fourth edition of 《China Education News》 in January 13, 2016.
- 《Moral education as a fundamental task of Education》was published in the seventh edition of 《Guangming Daily》 on July 24th , 2015.