Approval Year: 2009
Leader: Guang Yang
Members: Guang Yang, Wen Wang, Kaiya Zhou, Xiang Ji, Fei Ma
This research team conducts studies on the biodiversity conservation and bioresource utilization in the Yangtze River Delta using integrative and multiple-descipline approaches. We have obtained a good domestic and, in some ways, international reputation.
- Animal diversity and conservation
- Animal adaptation and its evolutionary mechanism
- Utilization of important aquatic animal resources
- mining of important functional genes
- Zhou X, Sun F, Xu S, Fan G, Zhu K, Liu X, Chen Y, Shi C, Yang Y, Huang Z, Chen J, Hou H, Guo X, Chen W, Chen Y, Wang X, Lv T, Yang D, Zhou J, Huang B, Wang Z, Zhao W, Tian R, Xiong Z, Xu J, Liang X, Chen B, Liu W, Wang J, Pan S, Fang X, Li M, Wei F, Xu X, Zhou K, Wang J*, Yang G*. 2013. Baiji genomes reveal low genetic variability and new insights into secondary aquatic adaptations. Nature Communications, 4: 2708, DOI: 10.1038/ncomms3708. 2. Zhou, X., S. Xu, J. Xu, B. Chen, K. Zhou, G. Yang. 2012. Phylogenomic analysis resolves the interordinal relationship and rapid diversification of the Laurasiatherian mammals. Systematic Biology, 61(1): 150–164.
- Xu S., Y. Chen, Y. Cheng, D. Yang, X. Zhou, J. Xu, K. Zhou, G. Yang. 2012. Positive selection at ASPM gene coincides with brain size enlargements in cetaceans. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 279: 4433-4440.
- J Yan，Q Wang，Q Chang，X Ji，K Zhou. 2010. The divergence of two independent lineages of an endemic Chinese gecko, Gekko swinhonis, launched by the Qinling orogenic belt. Molecular Ecology, 19(12): 2490-2500.
- Wang Wen, et al. 2014， Study on a novel epidemic disease of aquatic crustaceans caused by spiroplasma and the key techniques for its prevention and control. The First Prize for Progress in Science and Technology of Jiangsu Province