Chang-Jiang Scholar - Ministry of Education of China
Chinese Association for Quaternary Science (Executive Board Member)
Editorial board members of Quaternary Science(China)
Distinguished Professor of Nanjing Normal University
PhD, Physical Geography, Nanjing Normal University (2000)
MSc, Sedimentary Petrology, Nanjing University (1987)
BSc, Earth Sciences, Nanjing University (1982)
Chinese speleothem and monsoon record studies, Chinese National Distinguished Scientist Award (2002-2007), NSFC 40225007
High-relosution Asian monsoon records over the past 0.5 Ma from caves at Mt. Shongnogjia and their linkage to global climatic changes, Key Project of Chinese National Science Foundation (2007-2010), NSFC40631003
- *Yongjin Wang, Hai Cheng, RLawrence Edwards, et al. 2008. Millennial- and orbital-scale changes in the East Asian monsoon over the past 224,000 years. Nature, 451:1090-1093
- *Wang Y J, Cheng H, Edwards R L, et al. 2005. The Holocene Asian Monsoon: links to solar changes and North Atlantic climate. Science, 308: 854-857
- *Wang Y J, Cheng H, Edwards R L, et al. 2001. A high-resolution absolute-dated Late Pleistocene monsoon record from Hulu Cave, China. Science, 294: 2345-2348
- *Wang Y J, Wu J Y, Liu D, et al. 2002. A quick cooling event of the East Asian monsoon responding to Heinrich Event 1: Evidence from stalagmite δ18O records. Science in China (series D), 45 (1): 88-96
- *Wang Y J, Wu J Y, Wu J Q, et al. 2001. Correlation between high-resolution climate records from a Nanjing stalagmite and GRIP ice core during the last glaciation. Science in China (series D), 44 (1): 14-23
- Yongjin Wang, Hai Cheng, Luo Conglun, et al. 1999. TIMS U-series ages of speleothems from the Tangshan caves, Nanjing, Chinese Science Bulletin, 44(21): 1987-1991
- Wang Yongjin, Chen Qi, Liu Zechun, et al. 1998. A continuous 200ka paleoclimate record from stalagmite in Tangshan Cave, Nanjing. Chinese Science Bulletin, 43(3): 233-237
- WANG Yongjin, FANG Yesen and FANG Jinman. 1995. The first discovery of aggegates of gibbsite and metahalloysite with unique morphology. Chinese Science Bulletin, 40(4): 320-324
- Wang Yongjin, Yan Hao, Gao Wenli. 1997. Particle size Distribution of Kaolinite and Halloysite in Weathering products of Granite and its implications for Pedogenesis. Pedosphere, 7(3): 211-218
- Zhao K, Wang Y*, Edwards R L, et al. 2015. A high-resolved record of the Asian Summer Monsoon from Dongge Cave, China for the past 1200 years. Quaternary Science Reviews, 122:250-257.
- Duan F, Wu J, Wang Y*, et al., 2015. A 3000-yr annually laminated stalagmite record of the Last Glacial Maximum from Hulu Cave, China. Quaternary Research, 83(2):360-369.
- Fucai Duan, Yongjin Wang*, Chuan-Chou Shen, et al., 2014. Evidence for solar cycles in a late Holocene speleothem record from Dongge Cave China. Scientific Report, 6(4):1-7.
- Fucai Duan, Dianbing Liu, Hai Cheng, Xianfeng Wang, Yongjin Wang*, Xinggong Kong, Shitao Chen. 2014. A high-resolution monsoon record of millennial-scale oscillations during Late MIS 3 from Wulu Cave, south-west China. Journal of Quaternary Science, 29(1): 83-90.
- Dianbing Liu, Yongjin Wang*, Xinggong Kong, Shitao Chen, Hai Cheng. 2013. Centennial-scale Asian monsoon variability during the mid-Younger Dryas from Qingtian Cave, central China. Quaternary Research, 80: 199-206.
- Jiangying Wu, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2012. Stable isotope and trace element investigation of two contemporaneous annually-laminated stalagmites from northeastern China surrounding the “8.2ka event”. Climate of the Past, 8(5): 1497-1507, doi: 10.5194/cp-8-1497-2012.
- Yingfang Cui, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2012. Isotopic and lithologic variations of one precisely dated stalagmite across the Medieval/LIA period from Heilong Cave, central China. Climate of the Past, 8(5): 1541-1550, doi: 10.5194/cp-8-1541-2012.
- Kan Zhao, Yongjin Wang*, R. Lawrence Edwards, et al. 2010. High-resolution stalagmite δ18O records of Asian monsoon changes in central and southern China spanning the MIS 3/2 transition. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 298: 191-198
- Dianbing Liu, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2010. Sub-millennial variability of Asian monsoon intensity during the early MIS 3 and its analogue to the ice age terminations. Quaternary Science Reviews, 29: 1107-1115
- Jinguo Dong, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2010. A high-resolution stalagmite record of the Holocene East Asian monsoon from Mt Shennongjia, central China. Holocene, 20(2): 1-8
- Dianbing Liu, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2008. A detailed comparison of Asian Monsoon intensity and Greenland temperature during the Allerød and Younger Dryas events. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 272: 691-697
- Shitao Chen, Yongjin Wang*, Xinggong Kong, et al. 2006. A possible Yongger Dryas-type event during Asian monsoonal Termination 3. Science in China (series D), 49(9): 982-990
- Xiaohua Shao, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2006. Long-term trend and abrupt events of the Holocene Asian monsoon inferred from a stalagmite δ18O record from Shennongjia in Central China. Chinese Science Bulletin, 51(2): 221-228
- Yaoqi He, Yongjin Wang*, Xinggong Kong, et al. 2005. High resolution stalagmite δ18O records over the past 1000 years from Dongge Cave in Guizhou. Chinese Science Bulletin, 50 (10): 1003-1008
- Xiuyang Jiang, Yongjin Wang*, Xinggong Kong, et al. 2005. Abrupt climate change of East Asian Monsoon at 130 kaBP inferred from a high resolu-tion stalagmite δ18O record. Chinese Science Bulletin, 50(23): 2765-2769
- Jiangying Wu, Yongjin Wang*, Hai Cheng, et al. 2002. A high-resolution stalagmite O-C isotope record from Nanjing and its rapid response to climatic events. Chinese Science Bulletin, 47(2): 139-143
- Runyuan Kuang, Yongjin Wang*, Xianghua Zhang, et al. 2002. Implication for soil environment from uranium isotopes of stalagmites. Chinese Science Bulletin, 47 (19): 1653-1658
- Kyoung-nam Jo, Kyung Sik Woo, Sangheon Yi, Dong Yoon Yang, Hyoun Soo Lim, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2014. Mid-latitude interhemispheric hydrologic seesaw over the past 550,000 years. Nature, 508, 378-382.
- Weihong Zhang, Jiangying Wu, Yi Wang, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2014. A detailed East Asian monsoon history surrounding the ‘Mystery Interval’ derived from three Chinese speleothem records. Quaternary Research, 82(1): 154-163.
- Zhengyu Liu, Xinyu Wen, E.C. Brady, B. Otto-Bliesner, Ge Yu, Huayu Lu, Hai Cheng, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2014. Chinese cave records and the East Asian Summer Monsoon. Quaternary Science Reviews, 83: 115-128
- Hai Cheng, R. Lawrence Edwards, Chuan-Chou Shen, Victor J. Polyak, Yemane Asmerom, Jon Woodhead, John Hellstrom, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2013. Improvements in 230Th dating, 230Th and 234U half-life values, and U–Th isotopic measurements by multi-collector inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 371-372: 82-91
- Edouard Bard, Guillemette Ménot, Frauke Rostek, Laetitia Licari, Philipp Böning, R Lawrence Edwards, Hai Cheng, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2013. Radiocarbon calibration/ comparison records based on marine sediments from the Pakistan and Iberian margins. Radiocarbon, 55 (4): 1999-2019
- John Southon, Alexandra L. Noronha, Hai Cheng, R. Lawrence Edwards, Yongjin Wang, 2012. A high-resolution record of atmo spheric 14C based on Hulu Cave speleothem H82. Quaternary Science Reviews, 33: 32-41
- Kyoung-nam Jo, Kyung Sik Woo, Hyoun Soo Lim, Hai Cheng, R. Lawrence Edwards, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2011. Holocene and Eemian climatic optima in the Korean Peninsula based on textural and carbon isotopic records from the stalagmite of the Daeya Cave, South Korea. Quaternary Science Reviews, 30: 1218-1231
- Kyoung-nam Jo, Kyung Sik Woo, Hai Cheng, Lawrence R. Edwards, Yongjin Wang, Ryeon Kim, Xiuyang Jiang. 2010. Textural and carbon isotopic evidence of monsoonal changes recorded in a composite-type speleothem from Korea since MIS 5a. Quaternary Research, 7: 100-112
- Hai Cheng, R. Lawrence Edwards, Wallace S. Broecker, George H. Denton, Xinggong Kong, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2009. Ice Age Terminations. Science, 326：248-252
- Pingzhong Zhang, Hai Cheng, R. Lawrence Edwards, Fahu Chen, Yongjin Wang. 2008. A Test of Climate, Sun, and Culture Relationships from an 1810-Year Chinese Cave Record. Science, 322: 940
- Treble P C, Schmitt A K, Edwards R L, Mckeegan K D, Horrison T M. Grove M, Cheng H, Wang Y J. 2007. High resolution secondary ionization mass spectrometer (SIMS) delta O-18 analysis of Hulu Cave speleothem at the time of Heinrich event 1, Chemical Geology, 238(3-4): 197-211
- Xianfeng Wang, Augusto S Auler, R L Edwards, Hai Cheng, Emi Ito, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2007. Millennial-scale precipitation changes in southern Brazil over the past 90,000 years. Geophysical Research Letter, 34, L23701, doi:10.1029/2007GL031149
- Hai Cheng, R Lawrence, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2006. A penultimate glacial monsoon record from Hulu Cave and two-phase glacial terminations. Geology, 34(3): 217-220
- R. Lawrence Edwards, Daoxian Yuan, Zhisheng An, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2006. Timing and nature of late Quaternary climate change from cave deposits. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 70(18): A155-A155
- Daoxian Yuan, Hai Cheng, R Lawrence Edwards, Carolyn A. Dykoski, Megan J. Kelly, Meiliang Zhang, Jiaming Qing, Yushi Lin, Yongjin Wang, et al. 2004. Timing, Duration, and Transitions of the Last Interglacial Asian Monsoon. Science, 304: 575-578
- Chen Jun, Wang Yongjin, Chen Yang, et al. 2000. Rb and Sr geochemical characterization of the Chinese loess stratigraphy and its implications for palaeomonsoon climate. Acta Geologica Sinica, 74(2): 279-288
- Chen Jun, Junfeng Ji, Yan Chen, Zhisheng An, John A, Yongjin Wang. 2000. Use of Rubidium to date loess and paleosols of the Louchuan sequence, central China, Quaternary Research, 54:198-205
- Jian Wang, Yongjin Wang, Zechun Liu, et al. 1999. Cenozoic environmental evolution of the Qaidam Basin and its implications for the uplift of the Tibetan Plateau and drying of central Asia, PalaeoGeography, PalaeoClimatology, PalaeoEcology, 152: 37-47
- Zechun Liu, Yongjin Wang, Chen Ye, et al. 1998. Magnetostratigraphy and sediment- logically derived geochronology of the Quaternary lacustrine deposits of a 3000m thick sequence in the central Qaidam basin, western China. PalaeoGeography, PalaeoClimatology, PalaeoEcology, 140: 459-473
Honors and Awards：
Second prize of Chinese National Nature Science Award: Orbital to annual-scale variability and the dynamics of East Asian monsoon over the past 200 thousand years, 2014-Z-104-2-03-R01
The fifth International Conference Climate Change: The Karst Records (2008)
+86 25 83598125