Soil nitrogen transformations
PhD, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academic Science (2006)
BA, Qufu Normal University (2001)
- Nitrification and immobilization of nitrate in acidic subtropical soils, 41101209, NSFC, 2012-2014, ￥260 000.
- Soil nitrogen cycle, 41222005, NSFC, 2013-2015, ￥1000 000.
- Contribution of heterotrophic nitrification of soil organic N to N2O production, 41571227, NSFC, 2016-2019, ￥960 000.
- Jing Wang, Bo Zhu,Jinbo Zhang*, Christoph Müller,ZucongCai.Mechanisms of soil N dynamics following long-term application of organic fertilizers to subtropical rain-fed purple soil in China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2015,91, 222-231.
- Cheng Yi, Wang Jing,Zhang Jinbo et al.Mechanistic insights into the effects of N fertilizer application on N2O-emission pathways in acidic soil of a tea plantation, PLANT AND SOIL, 2015, 389, 45-57
- Wang X., Han C., Zhang J., Huang Q., Deng H., Deng Y., Zhong W. Long-term fertilization effects on active ammonia oxidizers in an acidic upland soil in China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2015, 84, 28-37.
- Zhang J., Wang J., Zhong W., Cai Z. Organic nitrogen stimulates the heterotrophic nitrification rate in an acidic forest soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2015, 80, 293-295.
- Zhang, J., Lan, T., Müller C., Cai, Z. Dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium (DNRA) plays an important role in soil nitrogen conservation in neutral and alkaline but not acidic rice soil. J Soils Sediments, 2015, 15, 523–531.
- Zhang, J., Müller C., Cai, Z. Heterotrophic nitrification of organic N and its contribution to nitrous oxide emissions in soils. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2015, 84, 199-209.
- Zhang J., Yu Y., Zhu T., Cai Z. The mechanisms governing low denitrification capacity and high nitrogen oxide gas emissions in subtropical forest soils in China. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2014, 119, 1670-1683.
- Zhang J., Sun W, Zhong W., Cai Z. The substrate is an important factor in controlling the significance of heterotrophic nitrification in acidic forest soils. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2014, 76, 143-148
- Zhu T., Zhang J.*,Meng T., Zhang Y., Yang J., Müller C., Cai Z. Tea plantation destroys soil retention of NO3- and increases N2O emissions in subtropical China. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2014, 73, 106-114.
- Cheng Y., Wang J., Wang S., Zhang J., Cai Z. Effects of soil moisture on gross N transformations and N2O emission in acid subtropical forest soils. BIOLOGY AND FERTILITY OF SOILS, 2014, 50, 1099-1108.
- Cheng Yi, Wang Jing, Zhang Jinboet al. The mechanisms behind reduced NH4+ and NO3 - accumulation due to litter decomposition in the acidic soil of subtropical forest. Plant and Soil, 2014, 378, 295-308.
- Yu Yongjie, Zhang Jinbo, Chen Wenwen et al. Effect of land use on the denitrification, abundance of denitrifiers, and total nitrogen gas production in the subtropical region of China. BIOLOGY AND FERTILITY OF SOILS, 2014, 50, 105-113.
- Zhu Tongbin, Dang Qi, Zhang Jinbo, et al. Reductive soil disinfestation (RSD) alters gross N transformation rates and reduces NO and N2O emissions in degraded vegetable soils. PLANT AND SOIL, 2014, 382, 269-280
- Zhang, J., Cai, Z., Zhu, T., Yang, W., Müller, C. Mechanisms for the retention of inorganic N in acidic forest soils of southern China. Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 2342, DOI:10.1038/srep02342.
- Zhang, J., Zhu, T., Meng, T., Zhang, Y., Yang, J., Yang, W.,Müller, C., Cai, Z. Agricultural land use affects nitrate production and conservation in humid subtropical soils in China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2013, 62, 107-114
- Zhu, T., Zhang, J., Yang, W., Cai, Z. Effects of organic material amendment and water content on NO, N2O, and N2 emissions in a nitrate-rich vegetable soil. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2013, 40, 153-163.
- Zhu, T., Meng, T., Zhang, J., Yin, Y., Cai, Z., Yang, W., Zhong, W. Nitrogen mineralization, immobilization turnover, heterotrophic nitrification, and microbial groups in acid forest soils of subtropical China. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2013, 40, 323-331
- Zhang, Y., Zhang, J.,Meng, T., Zhu, T., Müller, C., Cai, Z. Heterotrophic nitrification is the predominant NO3- production pathway in acid coniferous forest soil in subtropical China. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2013, 49, 955-957.
- Cheng, Y., J Wang, B Mary, J Zhang, Z Cai. Soil pH has contrasting effects on gross and net nitrogen mineralizations in adjacent forest and grassland soils in central Alberta, Canada. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2013,57, 848-857
- Cheng, Y., Z Cai, SX Chang, J Wang, J Zhang. Wheat straw and its biochar have contrasting effects on inorganic N retention and N2O production in a cultivated Black Chernozem. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2013, 48, 941-946
- Zhang, J., Zhu, T., Cai, Z., Qin, S., Müller, C. Effects of long-term repeated mineral and organic fertilizer applications on soil nitrogen transformations. European Journal of Soil Science, 2012, 63, 75-85.
- Zhang, J., Cai, Z., Yang, W., Zhu, T., Yu, Y., Yan, X., Jia, Z. Long-term field fertilization affects soil nitrogen transformations in a rice-wheat-rotation cropping system. Journal Plant Nutrition Soil Science, 2012, 175, 939–946
- Cai, Z., Zhang, J., Zhu, T., Cheng, Y. Stimulation of NO and N2O emissions from soils by SO2 deposition. Global Change Biology, 2012, 18, 2280-2291.
- Cheng,Y, Cai, Z., Zhang, J., Lang, M., Mary, B., Chang, S. Soil moisture effects on gross nitrification differ between adjacent grassland and forested soils in central Alberta, Canada. Plant and Soil, 2012, 352, 289–301
- Lu, L., Han, W., Zhang, J., Wu, Y., Wang, B., Lin, X., Zhu, J., Cai, Z., *Jia, Z. Nitrification of archaeal ammonia oxidizers in acid soils is supported by hydrolysis of urea. The ISME Journal, 2012, 6(10), 1978-1984.
- Zhang, J., Cai, Z., Zhu, T. N2O production pathways in the subtropical acid forest soils in China. Environmental Research, 2011, 111, 643-649
- Zhang, J., Zhu, T., Cai, Z., Müller, C. Heterotrophic nitrification is the predominant NO3- production mechanism in coniferous but not broad-leaf acid forest soil in subtropical China. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2011, 47, 533–542
- Zhang, J., Zhu, T., Cai, Z., Müller, C. Nitrogen cycling in forest soils across climate gradients in Eastern China. Plant and Soil, 2011, 342, 419–432
- Zhu, T., Zhang, J., Cai, Z. The contribution of nitrogen transformation processes to total N2O emissions from soils used for intensive vegetable cultivation. Plant and Soil, 2011, 343, 313–327
- Cheng, Y., Cai, Z., Zhang, J., Chang, S. Gross N transformations were little affected by 4 years of simulated N and S depositions in an aspen-white spruce dominated boreal forest in Alberta, Canada. Forest Ecology and Management, 2011, 262, 571–578
- Zhang, J., Cai, Z., Cheng, Y., Zhu, T. Immobilization of Nitrate in Anaerobic Forest Soils along a North South Transect in East China. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 2010, 74, 1193-1200.
- Zhang, J., Cai, Z., Cheng, Y., Zhu, T. (2009): Denitrification and total nitrogen gas production from forest soils of Eastern China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 41, 2551-2557
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Wang, S. (2008): Short-term dynamics of carbon and nitrogen after tillage in a freshwater marsh of northeast China. Soil Tillage and Research, 99, 49-157.
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Wang, S. (2007): Dynamics of soil organic carbon and its fractions after abandonment of cultivated wetlands in northeast China. Soil Tillage and Research, 96 (1-2), 350-360.
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Yang, W. (2007): Tillage Effects on Soil Carbon Fractions in the Sanjiang Plain, Northeast China. Soil Tillage and Research, 93, 102-108.
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Yang, W. (2007): Effects of cultivation on soil microbiological properties in a freshwater marsh soil in Northeast China. Soil Tillage and Research, 93, 231-235.
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Yang, W. (2006): Land use effects on a distribution of labile organic carbon through soil profiles. Soil Science Society of American Journal, 70, 660-667.
- Yang, W., Song, C., Zhang, J. (2006). Dynamics of methane emissions from a freshwater marsh of northeast China. Science of the Total Environment, 371, 286-292.
- Zhang, J., Song, C., Yang, W. (2005): Cold season CH4, CO2 and N2O fluxes from freshwater marshes in northeast China. Chemosphere, 59(11), 1703-1705.
+86 25 85891745