Council member, China Association of Geographic Information System (CAGIS)
Co-Chair, Education Committee of CAGIS
Vice Chair, Cartography & GIS Committee of Geographical Society of China
- Uncertainty of Digital elevation model (DEM)
- Digital Terrain Analysis based on DEM
- GIS Spatial Analysis
Ph.D. Department of Geography, Salzburg University, Austria, 1995.10-1998.11
M.S., Department of Geography, Northwest University, China, 1984.9-1987.7
B.S., Department of Geography, Northwest University, China, 1978.2-1982.2
- 2015-2018, DEM based study on spectrum serial of loess gully (National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2012-2015, Research on the theories and methods of DEM based terrain texture (National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2010-2013, DEM based research on landform spatial pattern of China's Loess plateau (Key project of National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2006-2009, Research on the key technology of the construction of High-fidelity DEM (High-technology Research and Development Program of China, 863)
- 2006-2009, DEM based Research on the Slope Spectrum in the Loess Plateau (National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2003-2005, Terrain information contents of DEM at different Spatial scale (National Natural Science Foundation of China)
- 2002-2004, Multi-source spatial information mining technique (High-technology Research and Development Program of China, 863)
- 2000-2002, Uncertainty of DEM and its impact on applications (National Nature Science Foundation of China)
- 2015. TANG, Guoan, SONG, et al. Slope spectrum critical area and its spatial variation in the Loess Plateau of China[J]. Journal of Geographical Sciences, 2015, 25(12):1452-1466.
- 2015. Xiong L Y, Tang G A, Strobl J, et al. Paleotopographic controls on loess deposition in the Loess Plateau of China[J]. Earth Surface Processes &Landforms, 2015.
- 2015. Cao M, Tang G, Shen Q, et al. A new discovery of transition rules for cellular automata by using cuckoo search algorithm[J]. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 2015, 29(5):1-19.
- 2015. Liu K, Tang G, Jiang L, et al. Regional-scale calculation of the LS factor using parallel processing[J]. Computers & Geosciences, 2015, 78(C):110-122.
- 2015. Jiang S, Tang G, Liu K. A new extraction method of loess shoulder-line based on Marr-Hildreth operator and terrain mask.[J]. Plos One, 2015, 10(4).
- 2015. Fang X, Tang G, Li B, et al. Spatial and Temporal Variations of Ecosystem Service Values in Relation to Land Use Pattern in the Loess Plateau of China at Town Scale[J]. Plos One, 2014, 9(10):e110745-e110745.
- 2014. Jianyi Yang , Guo-an Tang , Min Cao , Rui Zhu. An intelligent method to discover transition rules for cellular automata using bee colony optimization [J]. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, Jul 13.
- 2014. Xiong L Y, Tang G A, Li F Y, et al. Modeling the evolution of loess-covered landforms in the Loess Plateau of China using a DEM of underground bedrock surface [J]. Geomorphology, 2014, 209(3):18-26.
- 2014.Tang Guo’an. Progress of DEM and digital terrain analysis in China[J]. ActaGeographica Sinica, 2014, 69(9):1305-1325. (In Chinese with English abstract)
- 2014. Zhu S J, Tang G A, Xiong L Y, et al. Uncertainty of Slope Length Derived from Digital Elevation Models of the Loess Plateau, China[J]. Journal of Mountain Science, 2014, 11(5):1169-1181.
- 2014. LiuXiaojing, TANG, Guo'an, et al. Simulating Evolution of a Loess Gully Head with Cellular Automata [J]. Chinese Geographical Science, 2014, 25(6):1-10.
- 2014. Yan Yanzi, Tang Guo’an, Xiong Liyang, et al. Lunar surface roughness of Mare Imbrium based on DEMs [J].Geographical Research,2014, 33(8):1442-1456. (In Chinese with English abstract)
- 2014. ZhuShijie, Tang Guo’an, Li Fayuan, et al. Spatial variation of hypsometric integral in the Loess Plateau based on DEM [J]. ActaGeographica Sinica, 2013, 68(7):921-932.(In Chinese with English abstract)
- 2013. Xiaodong Song, Guoan Tang, Fayuan Li, et al. Extraction of Loess shoulder-line based on the parallel GVF snake model in the loess hilly area of China[J]. Computers & Geosciences, Volume 52, March, pages 11-20.
- 2013. Ling Jiang, Guoan Tang, Xuejun Liu, et al. Parallel contributing area calculation with granularity control on massive grid terrain datasets[J]. Computers & Geosciences, 60: 70-80.
- 2013. Min Cao, Guoan Tang, Fang Zhang & Jianyi Yang. A cellular automata model for simulating the evolution of positive–negative terrains in a small loess watershed [J]. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, Volume 27, Issue 7,: 1349-1363.
- 2013. Yiqun Xie, Guoan Tang, Shijiang Yan and Hui Lin. Crater detection using the morphological characteristics of Chang’E-1 digital elevation models. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 10, no.4, pp.885-889.
- 2013. Xiong Liyang, Tang Guoan, Yan Shijiang, Zhu Shijie, Sun Yiying. Landform-oriented flow-routing algorithm for the dual-structure loess terrain based on digital elevation models. Hydrological Processes. doi: 10.1002/hyp.9719.
- 2013. LiYang Xiong, GuoAn Tang, BaoYin Yuan, ZhongChen Lu, FaYuan Li, Lei Zhang. Geomorphological Inheritance for Loess Landform Evolution in a severe soil erosion region of Loess Plateau of China Based on Digital Elevation Models. SCIENCE CHINA Earth Sciences.(In Chinese with English abstract)
- 2013. JiangLing, Tang Guo’an, Zhao Mingwei, et al. Extraction and analysis of loess gully heads considering geomorphological structures [J]. Geographical Research, 2013, 32(11):2153-2162. (In Chinese with English abstract)
- 2012. Tao, Y., Tang, G., J. Strobl, et al. Spatial Structure Characteristics Detecting of Landform based on Improved 3D Lacunarity Model[J]. Chinese Geographical Science. 22(1)88-96.
- 2011. YANG Xin, TANG Guoan, XIAO Chenchao, GAO Yiping, ZHU Shijie. The scaling method of specific catchment area from DEMs. Journal of Geographical Science. 21(4):689-704.
- 2015, Tang Guoan, Li Fayuan, Yang Xin, Xiong Liyang, Researches On The Digital Terrain Analysis in The Loess Plateau of China, Science Press, Beijing.
- 2008. Zhou Qimin, Brian Lees and Tang Guoan. Advanced in Digital Terrain Analysis, Springer Press
- 2007. Tang Guoan et al. Conspectus of Geographical Information System, Higher Education Press (in Chinese)
- 2006. Tang Guoan et al. The Experiment Tutorial of ArcGIS Spatial Analysis, Science Press, Beijing (in Chinese)
- 2006. Tang Guoan, Liu Xuejun, Lv Guonian. The Principle and Methodology of DEM based Geo-analysis, Science Press, Beijing (in Chinese)
- 2001. Tang Guoan et al. Geographical Information System, Science Press, Beijing (in Chinese)
- 2000. Tang Guoan. A Research on the Accuracy of Digital Elevation Models, Science Press Beijing New York, New York
- A geographic transformation rules of cellular automata based on swarm intelligence method, CN102981891B. 2015, 1/4.
- Parallel method for large area watershed extraction, CN102915227B.2015, 2/5.
- A remote sensing image classification method based on swarm intelligence, CN103049757B, 2015, 5/5.
- A method of data parallel computing oriented fault tolerance, CN102902603B, 2015, 2/2.
- Mass DEM deployment and scheduling for parallel digital terrain analysis methods, CN102902590B, 2014, 2/4.
Honors and Awards：
- “Key technology and application research of digital terrain analysis in parallel environment”, “Science and Technology Progress Award of Geographic Information(Second Prize)”, China Association of Geographic Information System, 2015
- “Ten thousand-Talent Program(Outstanding teachers)”, Central Organization Department, 2014
- “Building and application technology research of high fidelity DEM”, “Science and Technology Progress Award of Geographic Information(First Prize)”, State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping, 2011
- “ National outstanding college faculty”, Ministry of Education of China, 2009
- “Outstanding college faculty of Jiangsu Province”, Education Department of Jiangsu Province, 2007
- “Demonstrated course of bilingual teaching”(Geographical Information System), Ministry of Education of China, 2007
- “National level excellent course(Geographical Information System)”, Ministry of Education, 2004
- “Uncertainty of digital terrain model and its impact on the application”, State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping, 2004
Tel: +86 25 85891826
Fax: +86 25 85898270