Doctor Guofu Zhong is the Professor of Hanghzhou Normal University, doctoral supervisor and Changjiang Professor. Professor Zhong has been dedicated to the study of organic chemistry, asymmetric catalysis and pharmaceutical chemistry.
His representative works are as follow:
1. “Core Structure-Based Design of Organocatalytic [3+2]-Cycloaddition Reactions: Highly Efficient and Stereocontrolled Syntheses of 3,3 '-Pyrrolidonyl Spirooxindoles”, B. Tan, X. Zeng, W. W. Y. Leong, Z. Shi, C. F. Barbas III,*G. Zhong,*Chem. - Eur. J.2012,18, 61.
2. “Chiral Brønsted Acid Catalyzed Enantioselective alpha-Aminoxylation of Enecarbamates”, M. Lu, Y. Lu, D. Zhu, X. Zeng, X. Li,G. Zhong,*Angew. Chem., Int. Ed.2010,49, 8588.
3. “Catalytic Asymmetric Formal [4+1] Annulation Leading to Optically Active cis-Isoxazoline N-Oxides”, Z. Shi, B. Tan, W. W. Y. Leong, X. Zeng, M. Lu,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2010,12, 5402.
4. “Highly Stereoselective Synthesis of Indanes with Four Stereogenic Centers via Sequential Michael Reaction and [3+2] Cycloaddition”, P. J. Chua, B. Tan, L. Yang, X. Zeng, D. Zhu,G. Zhong,Chem. Commun.2010,46, 7611.
5. “Facile Domino Access to Chiral Bicyclo[3.2.1]octanes and Discovery of a New Catalytic Activation Mode”, B. Tan, Y. Lu, X. Zeng, P. J. Chua,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2010,12, 2682.
6. “Chiral Bronsted Acid Catalyzed Enantioselective Addition of alpha-Isocyanoacetamides to Aldehydes”, X. Zeng, K. Ye, M. Lu, P. J. Chua, B. Tan,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2010,12, 2414.
7. “Diastereoselective HOTf-catalyzed Three-component One-pot 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition of Diazo Ester, Nitrosobenzene and Electron-deficient Alkene”, Z.-J. Xu, D. Zhu, X. Zeng, F. Wang, B. Tan, Y. Hou, Y. Lv,G. Zhong,*Chem. Commun.2010,46, 2504.
8. “Water More than Just a Green Solvent: A Stereoselective One-Pot Access to All Chiral Tetrahydronaphthalenes in Aqueous Media”, B. Tan, D. Zhu, L. Zhang, P. J. Chua, X. Zeng,G. Zhong,*Chem. - Eur. J.2010,16, 3842.
9. “Organocatalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Protected alpha,beta-Diamino Acids”, Z. Shi, P. Yu, P. J. Chua,G. Zhong,*Adv. Synth. Catal.2009,351, 2797.
10. “Products of the iterative polyketide synthases in 9- and 10-membered enediyne biosynthesis”, H. Sun, R. Kong, D. Zhu, M. Lu, Q. Ji, C. W. Liew, J. Lescar,G. Zhong,*Z.-X. Liang,*Chem. Commun.2009, 7399.
11. “Highly Stereoselective One-Pot Synthesis of Bicyclic Isoxazolidines with Five Stereogenic Centers by an Organocatalytic Process”, D. Zhu, M. Lu, L. Dai,G. Zhong,*Angew. Chem., Int. Ed.2009,48, 6089.
12. “Highly Efficient Asymmetric Trans-Selective Aziridination of Diazoacetamides and N-Boc-imines Catalyzed by Chiral Brønsted Acids”, X. Zeng, X. Zeng, Z. Xu, M. Lu,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2009,11, 3036.
13. “Chiral Brønsted Acid-Catalyzed Enantioselective alpha-Hydroxylation of beta-Dicarbonyl Compounds”, M. Lu, D. Zhu, Y. Lu, X. Zeng, B. Tan, Z. Xu,G. Zhong,*J. Am. Chem. Soc.2009,131, 4562.
14. “Unusual Domino Michael/Aldol Condensation Reactions Employing Oximes as N-Selective Nucleophiles: Synthesis of N-Hydroxypyrroles”, B. Tan, Z. Shi, P. J. Chua, Y. Li,G. Zhong,*Angew. Chem., Int. Ed.2009,48, 758.
15. “Rational Design of Organocatalyst: Highly Stereoselective Michael Addition of Cyclic Ketones to Nitroolefins”, B. Tan, X. Zeng, Y. Lu, P. J. Chua,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2009,11, 1927.
16. “Recyclable organocatalysis: Highly enantioselective Michael addition of 1,3-diaryl-1,3propanedione to nitroolefins”, B. Tan, X. Zhang, P. J. Chua,G. Zhong,*Chem. Commun.2009, 779.
17. “An Unexpected N-Heterocyclic Carbene-Catalyzed Annulation of Enals and Nitroso Compounds”, L. Yang, B. Tan, F. Wang,G. Zhong,*J. Org. Chem.2009,74, 1744.
18. “Highly enantioselective L-thiaproline catalyzed alpha-aminoxylation of aldehydes in aqueous Media”, P. J. Chua, B. Tan,G. Zhong,*Green Chem.2009,11, 543.
19. “Organocatalytic Asymmetric Domino |á-Aminoxylation/Aza-Michael Reactions for the Synthesis of Functionalized Tetrahydro-1,2-oxazines”, M. Lu, D. Zhu, Y. Lu, Y. Hou, B. Tan,G. Zhong,*Angew. Chem., Int. Ed.2008,47, 10187.
20. “A Highly Stereoselective Organocatalytic Tandem Aminoxylation/Aza-Michael Reaction for the Synthesis of Tetrahydro-1,2-Oxazines”, D. Zhu, M. Lu, P. J. Chua, B. Tan, F. Wang, X. Yang,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2008,10, 4585.
21. “A Highly Diastereo- and Enantioselective Synthesis of Multisubstituted Cyclopentanes with Four Chiral Carbons by the Organocatalytic Domino Michael-Henry Reaction”, B. Tan, P. J. Chua, X. Zeng, M. Lu,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2008,10, 3489.
22. “Control of Four Stereocenters in an Organocatalytic Domino Double Michael Reaction: Efficient Synthesis of Multisubstituted Cyclopentanes”, B. Tan, Z. Shi, P. J. Chua,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2008,10, 3425.
23. “Organocatalytic Asymmetric Tandem Michael-Henry Reactions: A Highly Stereoselective Synthesis of Multifunctionalized Cyclohexanes with Two Quaternary Stereocenters”, B. Tan, P. J. Chua, Y. Li,G. Zhong,*Org. Lett.2008,10, 2437.