1. Training/Research Orientation
- History and Theory of Designing Art
- Studies on Decorative Designing Art
- Studies on Visual Designing Art
- Studies on Environmental Designing Art
- Studies on Ceramic Designing Art
- Studies on Photography Designing Art
- Studies on Toys Designing Art
- Studies on Animation Designing Art
2. Program Duration and Credit
- Three years generally, the maximum school years are not longer than 5 years (including the extension time).
- 32 credits of courses in total, at least 19 credits of academic courses.
3. Core Courses and Introduction
Guided Literature Reading of Designing in China
The purpose of this course is to enable students to acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of the classical works on designing theories from ancient China, and to lay a solid foundation for their future study and research.
Main content of this course includes: Discussions on designing in the Book of Changes, Introduction to Handicrafts, designing ideas from Pre-Qin periods, Salt and Iron, Biography of Zi, Notes from Drean Creek, South Village Farming, The Exploitation of the Works of Nature, ChangwuZhi, Yangzhou Painted Boats, Luyuan Dialogue, Notes from Leisures.
The course features lectures and students’ seminars.
The goal of the course is to organize in-depth discussion on forms, namely aesthetics, in designing art, so that students can understand the aesthetic objects of designing from the vantage point of aesthetics or even artistic philosophy. Students are required to master and apply the principles of aesthetics in academic and research work, laying foundation with the proper scientific and academic ideas for future theoretical researches on designing. The main content of the course includes: Composition of forms, function transformation theory, category theory in aesthetics, symbolic representation theory, theory of stylistic changes.
Students are organized in class to share reading experience and literature analysis, plus discussion of latest development in the field of research and frontier issues.
Jianlin Ni, Zhenhan Wu, Yuanyuan Gu, Biao Xu, Ji Luo, Zhongjie Hu, Yingzi Gao, Jingu Huang, Yang Cao, Wangqiao Rong, Jianchun Xu, Jinyun Sun, Mingyi Wang, Fuyi Zhu, Weiping Shi, Xin Sun.